If you are injured in a car accident and you are not at fault, you may be compensated for damages and losses resulting from the accident. This may include the cost of repairs as well as your medical bills and other expenses that are necessary to restore you to the same quality of life you enjoyed before the accident occurred.
For property damage, you may be compensated for:
- Car repair cost
- If the car is a total loss, the value of the car prior to the accident
- Any towing or storage fees
- Rental car fees, if necessary
- Value of any other personal property that may have been in the accident
- Loss of use for every day you were without a car
For bodily injury, you may be compensated for:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of wages
- Pain and suffering
- Physical impairment or disability
- Mental anguish
- Loss for the enjoyment of life
- Aggravation of a pre-existing condition if you had a prior injury
In calculating the amount of compensation for bodily injury, both present and future damages are taken into consideration. Anyone injured in a car accident should consult with a personal injury lawyer immediately to protect their rights to fair compensation for their injuries.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury, the experienced personal injury legal team at Roberts & Roberts is here to help with compassionate, aggressive representation. Please call 800-248-6000 or contact us for a free consultation.