What the Difference Between a Claim and a Lawsuit?
What is the difference between a claim and a lawsuit? Well, when you make a claim against another party, they’re under no legal obligation to do what you request or even respond to you. However, when you file a lawsuit, the court oversees your claim and the court imposes on all parties certain obligations to respond and to meet certain deadlines.
You have nothing to lose by letting our attorneys advise you of your options. For a free, immediate attorney review of your case, contact us using the form below or call us at (903) 597-6000.
From one former client:
"I am so happy to have chosen the best law firm around. The staff is amazing in handling your questions promptly. I hope I don't ever need them again, but if I do, there is no question I will be back. Thank y'all so much for helping me." - Heather N.
Common Legal Questions (videos)
- Can I File a Lawsuit If I’m Injured by a Car While Riding a Bike?
- I Received a Letter From My Medical Insurance Company Asking About My Car Accident
- Now That My Lawsuit is Filed, What is the Next Step?
- What Should I Do When My Insurance Agent Tells Me Not to File on my Insurance When I Know I Have Pain
- Should I Hire a Local Lawyer for a Nationally Recalled Prescription Drug or Medical Device Case?
- What Happens in a Car Wreck if They Say it Was Your Fault?
- Under What Circumstances Can I Be Held Liable for an Injury that Happened to a Visitor at My Home
- Cual es la mejor manera de buscar el mejor abogado para mí?
- The Tyler, Texas Law Firm Roberts & Roberts. Is This a Family Business?
- What is the Difference Between a Civil and a Criminal Case?
- My Neighbor’s Dog Bit Me, and I Had to Seek Medical Treatment. Is My Neighbor Responsible for my Medical Treatment
- What Should You Do if You Suspect Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect of a Loved One?
- What the Difference Between a Claim and a Lawsuit?
- If I Hire a Worker to do Repairs on my Home and He is Injured, Will My Home Owner’s Policy Cover Him
- When You Are Injured at Work, Do You Still Need an Attorney?
- Can I Make a Claim Against My Homeowners Insurance For my Medical Bills if I Fell off the Roof
- En donde puedo obtener consejos legales por mis lesiones personales?
- Who Can File a Claim in the Case of Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect?
- Can I Make a Claim Against the School District for my Child’s Injuries and Medical Bills
- Are Elderly Abuse Cases Handled Differently?
- Can My Neighbor be Held Responsible if Their Dog Made me Crash my Bicycle and I was injured as a Result
- Should I File on My Insurance or the At-Fault Driver’s Policy?
- Why Does My Health Insurance Company Need to Be Repaid After My Auto Accident?
- I was shopping and slipped and fell. What should I do to protect my rights?
- What is the Difference Between Mass Tort, Class Action, and an MDL?
- How do I Find an Unsafe Product Lawyer in Tyler, Texas
- What is the Difference Between MedPay & Personal Injury Protection?
- What Should You Look For When You’re Searching for a Personal Injury Law Firm in Tyler Texas?
- Strong Local Counsel in Tyler or Longview Texas
- What Do You Need to Know When Choosing a Longview Lawyer?
- Choosing the Right Lawyer in Tyler, Texas
- Are Any Tyler, Texas Attorneys Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization?
- Are all Tyler Personal Injury Lawyers the Same?
- What Can a Tyler Personal Injury Attorney Do For Me?
- Cuando debo de llamar a un abogado de lesiones personales en Tyler, Texas?
- Filing an Insurance Claims
- ¿Necesito Un Abogado?
- What Are My Rights If I’m Injured On The Job?
- How Long Does It Take to Get My Case Resolved?
- What Does Board Certification Mean?
- How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Attorney?
- When Should I Hire an Attorney?
- Do I Need a Lawyer?
- Do I Have Any Rights if I’ve Been Injured on the Job?
- Now that My Lawsuit Has Been Filed, What Is the Next Step?
- What Is the Difference Between a Claim and a Lawsuit?
- Do I Have to Go to Court?
- What Is a Fair Settlement?
- Do I Have a Prescription Misfill Case?
- Do I Have Any Rights if I’ve Been Injured by the Government?