Defective Medical Devices and Texas Legal Help
Medical implants and devices should benefit consumers and allow them to regain some of the quality of life they enjoyed before they experienced an injury or degenerative condition. However, some products produced by medical device manufacturers are later found to be defective or dangerous. Some of the defective or unsafe medical products our firm investigates include:
- Bair Hugger Therapy Blanket
- Cold or Cryo Therapy
- Composix Kugel Mesh Hernia Patches
- Contaminated Endoscopes
- da Vinci Robots
- Hip Implants (Metal-On-Metal)
- IVC Filters (Bard)
- Medtronic Infuse Bone Grafts
- Modular (non-metal) Hip Implants
- Power Morcellators
- Transvaginal (TVM), Vaginal, or Pelvic Mesh and Bladder Slings
- American Medical Systems Pelvic Repair System
- Boston Scientific Repair System
- R. Bard Pelvic Repair System
- Colplast Pelvic Repair System
- Cook Medical Pelvic Repair System
- Ethicon Pelvic Repair System
- Neomedic Pelvic Repair System
- Zimmer Persona Trabecular Metal Tibial Plate
A defective medical device may cause injury, lasting pain, and unexpected complications – it may even require additional surgery and medical care. When manufacturers fail to live up to their responsibility to make safe products, the accident and injury lawyers at Roberts & Roberts are committed to holding the medical manufacturers accountable for the injuries they cause.
Contact us at 800-248-6000. The call costs you nothing … it could mean everything. All calls are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We will come to you if you are disabled. You can also use our online contact form.
Roberts & Roberts, a Texas law firm, represents individuals who are victims of defective medical devices in Waco, Beaumont, Longview, Lufkin, Texarkana and Tyler. We also handle defective medical device claims in Huntsville, Nacogdoches, Greenville, Paris, Corsicana, Marshall, Palestine, Mount Pleasant and Sulphur Springs.
Our Experience with Product Defect Lawsuits
Medical device manufacturers have a duty to produce and market products that are safe and effective when used as intended. But often manufacturers will bypass the more rigorous product review process by claiming to federal regulators that their new medical device is similar to products already on the market and therefore doesn’t require extensive testing.
Our law firm has experience and a national reputation for legal work on alleged product defect cases involving DePuy hip implants, cold or cryo therapy devices, Tylenol and other acetaminophen products, as well as defective bucket trucks and insulated aerial devices, Dodge Ram pickup trucks, automatic transmission fluid fires, bicycle wheel failures, LP-gas cylinders and valves, water balloon slingshots, and Toyota sudden unintended acceleration claims.
- A defective medical device can be painful, cause lasting injuries, and lead to additional surgeries.