East Texas Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, you understand the turmoil and disruption this can cause in your life. Dealing with severe injuries, navigating the insurance claims process, and worrying about lost wages and mounting medical bills only add to the stress.
It’s important to understand that, from a legal perspective, truck accidents can be very different from other types of motor vehicle accidents. These cases are often highly complex, as well as difficult and expensive to investigate. They typically require an in-depth understanding of federal and state regulations, and trucking companies defend them aggressively. That’s why it’s so critical to hire a truck accident attorney with the experience, skills, and resources to handle your truck accident claim.
For more than 40 years, our board-certified Tyler truck accident attorneys have worked to make a difference in our clients’ lives. Call (903) 597-6000 to request your free consultation today.
Why Choose Us?
Why should you choose a truck accident lawyer from Roberts & Roberts? Here are just a few of the reasons:
- Our law firm has been helping injured East Texans for over 40 years.
- We have established a national reputation for representing clients in personal injury and wrongful death cases. The firm has been featured in national news programs and magazines for taking on opponents such as Firestone, Toyota, and Walmart.
- Most of our lawyers are board-certified in Personal Injury Trial Law, meaning these attorneys are specialists in helping injured people. Only 1.5% of lawyers in Texas have earned this recognition.
- Our law firm has achieved some of the highest verdicts and settlements in East Texas, as well as the state, and has successfully settled over 99% of our cases.
- You do not owe us anything unless we win your case. We will not accept payment for our services unless we successfully settle your case or otherwise ensure you are compensated.
We’ll review your truck accident case free of charge and explain your legal options. Call 903-597-6000 or fill out our online contact form. We assist clients in Tyler, Longview, and all across Texas and the United States. The call costs you nothing… it could mean everything.
How Roberts & Roberts Can Help
Our Tyler truck accident lawyers are here to help you get the full attention, care, and legal support you need to make the best possible recovery.
- Our firm maintains two full-time investigators who are available 24/7 to preserve critical evidence after a truck accident. Case-making evidence disappears particularly quickly in 18-wheeler accident cases, so the sooner you call, the better.
- We’ll come to you to get you started. Don’t worry about securing transportation to our office.
- We’ll help you get the medical care you need. Our knowledge of personal injury and East Texas medical networks helps us make sure our clients get the excellent treatment they deserve.
- We’ll calculate the damages you deserve. This involves collecting medical records, documenting medical bills and lost wages, consulting with experts, and even speaking with your friends and loved ones to get a clear picture of how your truck accident injuries have impacted your everyday life.
- We’ll identify the liable parties and sources of insurance coverage available.
- We’ll represent you aggressively in settlement negotiations.
- If necessary, we’ll file a lawsuit on your behalf and represent you at trial.
- We’ll be available to answer your calls 24/7. If you ever have any questions or concerns about your truck accident case, please reach out.
In short, we handle everything you need us to handle so you can focus on what matters most.
Our legal team treats every client like family. We will listen to your story with empathy, answer all your questions, and do everything possible to help you get your life back on track after a trucking collision. Please contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
What Our Clients Say About Us
We have had the privilege of serving clients in the East Texas area for over 40 years. Here is a recent review from just one of those clients:
“Aside from the efficiency and excellence in the Roberts & Roberts law offices, they pride themselves on being involved in the community as well. Seeing the staff members making an impact in our community speaks volumes of the character of people they strive to be. I encourage anyone who needs assistance in their field of work to go to R&R. Not only because of the professionalism in their work, but the unselfishness of their law firm, collectively.” – Mason M.
We encourage you to read reviews from our happy clients and research reviews of our firm across the internet, including our over 500 five-star reviews.
Texas Truck Accident Statistics
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, in 2022 alone, 716 people were killed and 7,549 were injured in crashes involving commercial vehicles. That includes 1,643 people with suspected severe injuries, which the Texas DOT defies as any injury that causes a person to be unable to continue activities they were capable of before the crash, such as walking and driving.
Semi-trucks and tractor-trailers pose a threat to other motorists on Texas highways because of their sheer size. When a tractor-trailer weighing up to 80,000 pounds collides with a passenger vehicle weighing only a few thousand pounds, the laws of physics favor the truck.
If a collision with an 18-wheeler has turned your life upside down, the truck accident lawyers at Roberts & Roberts are committed to helping.
What Causes Texas Semi-Truck Accidents?
Every truck accident has its own specific set of contributing factors. That is why you should talk to a qualified truck accident lawyer after a crash involving a large truck.
Several factors show up repeatedly in truck accident reports. Trucking companies often pressure drivers to meet unreasonable delivery deadlines by driving beyond the allowed number of hours per day. Drivers may be dangerously fatigued when an accident occurs. Other common crash factors compiled by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration for accidents involving tractor-trailers, semis, semi-trailers, big rigs, and other 18-wheelers includes:
- Braking failure
- Traffic congestion
- Truck driver prescription drug use
- Truck driver aggressive driving
- Truck operator driving too fast for road condition
- Truck driver unfamiliarity with the road
- Road construction
- Truck driver’s failure to stop at a traffic signal, stop sign or crosswalk
Regardless of the reason, tractor-trailer accidents often cause serious or fatal injuries to occupants of other vehicles.
Who Is Responsible for My Truck Accident?
Truck accident cases are more likely than car accidents to have multiple individuals or parties at fault. Blame could possibly lie with:
- The truck driver. They’re obviously responsible for following the laws of the road and operating their truck in a safe, responsible manner. Distracted driving, reckless driving, and driving under the influence are common ways truck drivers can be responsible for your crash.
- The trucking company. They are responsible for the drivers they put on the road, including vetting and training them properly.
- An equipment manufacturer. They could be the at-fault party if tires, brakes, or other safety equipment catastrophically fails.
- A maintenance company. A mechanic or technician who does sloppy or insufficient work could be responsible if their negligence contributed to the wreck.
- A cargo loader. Improper loading of cargo can make a semi-truck significantly less stable and more prone to rolling over.
The fact that so many complex factors can be involved is a major reason why hiring an experienced semi-truck accident attorney is so crucial. If you don’t properly identify the responsible parties (and their insurance policies), you might be unable to obtain maximum compensation for your losses.
How Much Is My Truck Accident Claim Worth?
Personal injury victims are entitled to seek compensation for the damages they’ve suffered, including:
- Economic damages. This includes anything that can be calculated directly in dollars and cents, such as medical bills, lost wages, and reduced future earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages. This includes impacts that don’t have a precise dollar figure. Common examples include pain and suffering, emotional trauma, and loss of quality of life.
- Punitive damages. These are sometimes awarded if the at-fault party engaged in especially reckless, dangerous, or malicious behavior—a total disregard for their duty to care for others.
Trucking companies are required to carry significant insurance policies in order to cover your claim. However, they also fight truck accident claims aggressively.
Damages for Texas truck accidents are tough to calculate, especially if severe injuries are involved. The insurance company will likely try to devalue your personal injury claim and convince you to settle for less than you deserve. An experienced Tyler truck accident lawyer can help you accurately calculate damages and aggressively negotiate for fair compensation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Truck Wreck Cases
Contact Roberts & Roberts Today for a Free Consultation
If you or someone you love has been hurt in a collision with a commercial vehicle, please give us a call and request a free case review with a Tyler truck accident attorney today. Commercial vehicle accidents often take time to investigate thoroughly and evidence can disappear quickly.
The consultation is completely free, so you have nothing to lose by calling our office to discuss your case. Just contact us now at (903) 597-6000 or fill out our online contact form. There is no charge for the initial review. Remember: The call costs you nothing, but it could mean everything.