What to Do After an Auto Accident?
- Call 911.
- Assist the injured.
- Don’t move your car unless instructed by someone in authority.
- Turn on your hazard lights.
- Cooperate with the police.
- Exchange insurance and ID information.
- Get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of all witnesses.
- Get photographs of the vehicles and other objects involved (Be sure to include the skid marks and full views of the scene as well as the vehicles involved.).
- Get medical attention for any injuries you may have.
- Write down everything the others involved in the accident say about it and everything you can remember as soon as you can.
- Do not sign anything or discuss your case with anyone before consulting with an attorney who is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law.
Roberts and Roberts are auto accidents attorneys serving east Texas. In the event of an unforeseen auto accident we are here to help you. Need legal advice or questions regarding your legal rights? Call now at 903-597-6000