100% Free Consultation 903-597-6000

Using Helpful Resources


  • If you are eligible for Medicare, Medicaid, or any type of government program that will pay your medical bills, use it.  In this regard, there are deadlines for applying for such government benefits, so be sure that you apply for them in a timely manner. Whenever a government program pays for part or all of your medical care, it may require that you reimburse it out of your portion of any settlement. This is particularly true if you receive financial assistance for medical care through Medicaid, Medicare, or the Veterans’ Administration. We will determine the existence and the amount of any government program’s right to reimbursement and pay it with your authorization, otherwise we will assume that this is a matter which you are handling yourself.
  • If you are sixty-five (65) years of age or older, you are eligible for Medicare through the Social Security Administration. For more information call 1-800-772-1213.
  • If you are indigent and you cannot afford medical care, contact the office of the Indigent Care Program which is usually located in the major hospital of your county or in the county courthouse.
  • If you do not qualify for the Indigent Health Care Program and you cannot afford medical care, call the Health and Human Services Commission’s Medicaid Hotline at 1-800-252-8263 for information regarding your eligibility to receive Medicaid benefits and other financial assistance.
  • If you were employed at the time of your injury and need additional medical treatment to get back to work, the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services may pay for reasonable and necessary surgical procedures to allow you to return to work.  You can contact the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services at 1-800-628-5115.
  • If you need emotional or psychological counseling, contact the Texas Health and Human Services Commission at 903-595-4841 or 903-534-9794.  In East Texas, you can also contact The Andrews Center at 903-597-1351.
  • If you need basic medical information by telephone you may want to call:
    • TeleCare at 1-800-535-9799
    • HealthFirst at1-800-648-8141
  • If you need job training or rehabilitation services in order to be able to work, contact the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitation Services at 903-581-8151.
  • If you are able to work but you do not have a job, contact the Texas Employment Commission. (Please note that they will require that you sign a form which states that you are ready, willing, and able to work and that form will be admissible as evidence in your trial. Therefore, you should note on this form any physical limitations or restrictions which your doctor has placed on you for purposes of employment.)
  • If you are unable to work for more than twelve (12) continuous months and you need financial support, contact the SocialSecurity Administration at 903-561-6910.
  • If you want to know what other community services or agencies are available to help you in East Texas, call the United Way services at: 903-534-9977 (or just 211).
  • If your injuries arose from criminal conduct, you may be entitled to assistance from the Crime Victim Compensation Fund.  Vehicular crimes such as driving while intoxicated, intoxication manslaughter, intoxication assault or failure to stop and render aid are included under the Crime Victim’s Compensation Act.  The Crime Victims’ Compensation Program may pay, if you qualify, for medical and hospital expenses, physical therapy, vocational therapy or nursing services, counseling, loss of earnings or support, lost wages, travel reimbursement, child care, and funeral or burial expenses.  To learn more about these benefits, contact the Crime Victims Compensation Program at 1-800-983-9933.


If you are receiving government benefits or are eligible for government assistance based upon financial hardship (i.e., Medicaid, S.S.I.), your settlement may preclude your eligibility for further assistance.  Please notify us in writing of any government benefits which you are receiving and be sure to discuss your options with us before accepting a settlement.

Free, Confidential Case Review

Find out how we can help you. Get started now by filling out the form below or by calling (903) 597-6000. Your case review is free and confidential.

Contact Us (Standard)
Your Name
Your Name

Our Personal Injury Lawyers Are Featured in the Top 100 Personal Injury Trial Lawyers Our Personal Injury Attorneys Have Been Texas Super Lawyers for Decades Our Personal Injury Attorneys Have Been Recipients of the Mult-Million Dollar Advocates Award for Personal Injury Lawyers

From one former client:
"I am so happy to have chosen the best law firm around. The staff is amazing in handling your questions promptly. I hope I don't ever need them again, but if I do, there is no question I will be back. Thank y'all so much for helping me." - Heather N.