Call Now • Open 24/7 903-597-6000

Your Rights When Injured by an Uninsured Motorist

I was injured by a driver who did not have enough insurance to cover my damages. Do I have any rights?

Yes. You may have a right to compensation under your own auto insurance policy. If your policy has a provision called “uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage,” and the other driver does not have enough insurance to fully compensate you, your insurance company must pay the balance of your damages up to the amount of your policy.

This insurance is also available to you if you are injured by a “hit and run” driver or if the other driver has no insurance.

Be careful. You may lose your right to these benefits if you settle with anyone without first obtaining your insurance company’s consent.

Free Case Review

You have nothing to lose by letting our attorneys advise you of your options. For a no-cost, confidential attorney review of your case, contact us using the form below or by calling us at (903) 597-6000.

Contact Us

Our Personal Injury Lawyers Are Featured in the Top 100 Personal Injury Trial Lawyers Our Personal Injury Attorneys Have Been Texas Super Lawyers for Decades Our Lawyers Have Been Recipients of the Mult-Million Dollar Advocates Award for Personal Injury Lawyers

From one former client:
"I am so happy to have chosen the best law firm around. The staff is amazing in handling your questions promptly. I hope I don't ever need them again, but if I do, there is no question I will be back. Thank y'all so much for helping me." - Heather N.