How quickly should the insurance company pay my claim?
I filed a claim on my insurance policy, but I have not heard from my insurance company. Do I have any rights?
Yes. The Prompt Payment of Claims Act requires insurance companies in Texas to quickly investigate and, if owed, pay the claims of their policyholders.
Once the insurance company receives proof of a loss, it must either accept or reject the claim in writing within 15 business days and pay the claim, if owed, within 5 more business days. In addition, the insurance company must state its reasons in writing if it rejects your claim.
If the insurance company violates this law, it is liable for your attorney’s fee and an 18% interest penalty along with the amount of your claim.
Free Case Review
You have nothing to lose by letting our attorneys advise you of your options. For a no-cost, confidential attorney review of your case, contact us using the form below or by calling us at (903) 597-6000.
From one former client:
"I am so happy to have chosen the best law firm around. The staff is amazing in handling your questions promptly. I hope I don't ever need them again, but if I do, there is no question I will be back. Thank y'all so much for helping me." - Heather N.
Personal Injury: Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I File a Lawsuit If I’m Injured by a Car While Riding a Bike?
- I Received a Letter From My Medical Insurance Company Asking About My Car Accident
- Now That My Lawsuit is Filed, What is the Next Step?
- Should I Hire a Local Lawyer for a Nationally Recalled Prescription Drug or Medical Device Case?
- What Happens in a Car Wreck if They Say it Was Your Fault?
- Cual es la mejor manera de buscar el mejor abogado para mí?
- What is the Difference Between a Civil and a Criminal Case?
- What Should You Do if You Suspect Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect of a Loved One?
- What the Difference Between a Claim and a Lawsuit?
- When You Are Injured at Work, Do You Still Need an Attorney?
- En donde puedo obtener consejos legales por mis lesiones personales?
- Who Can File a Claim in the Case of Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect?
- Are Elderly Abuse Cases Handled Differently?
- Should I File on My Insurance or the At-Fault Driver’s Policy?
- Why Does My Health Insurance Company Need to Be Repaid After My Auto Accident?
- What is the Difference Between Mass Tort, Class Action, and an MDL?
- What is the Difference Between MedPay & Personal Injury Protection?
- How Soon After an Accident Should You Contact a Car Accident Attorney in Tyler, Texas?
- If You Are In a Motorcycle Accident, Do You Need a Tyler Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
- Can an East Texas Auto Accident Attorney Help Me Get a Rental Car?
- When is it Too Late to Call a Tyler Car Accident Lawyer?
- Are There Lawyers in Tyler Texas That Specialize in Truck Accidents?
- How Do You Find The Right Truck Wreck Attorney in Tyler Texas?
- Can a Tyler Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help Me With My Medical Expenses?
- What Should You Look For When You’re Searching for a Personal Injury Law Firm in Tyler Texas?
- Strong Local Counsel in Tyler or Longview Texas
- What Do You Need to Know When Choosing a Longview Lawyer?
- Choosing the Right Lawyer in Tyler, Texas
- Are Any Tyler, Texas Attorneys Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization?
- Are all Tyler Personal Injury Lawyers the Same?
- What Can a Tyler Personal Injury Attorney Do For Me?
- Que debo de saber antes de contratar a un abogado de lesiones personales en Tyler, Texas?
- Cuanto me cuesta contratar a un abogado de accidentes automovilísticos?
- Que tan pronto después de un accidente automovilístico debo de llamar a un abogado?
- Cuando debo de llamar a un abogado de lesiones personales en Tyler, Texas?
- Tell Me About the East Texas Auto Accident Attorneys of Roberts & Roberts
- Spanish – My Auto Insurance Company Is Refusing to Pay to Fix My Car Under My Collision Coverage
- If My Health Insurance Company Has Paid For My Treatment After An Automobile Accident
- I was Involved in an Auto Accident That Was Not My Fault My Vehicle is a Total Loss
- I was in an Auto Accident that was Not My Fault Is it Better to File the Claim to Fix my Car
- I Received a Letter From My Medical Insurance Company Asking Me About My Car Accident
- Do You Have to Pay For a Car Accident Lawyer
- Do I Need a Car Accident Attorney if I was Rear Ended
- Do I Have to Pay for the Storage or Towing Fees While My Insurance Company Investigates the Accident
- Can My Passenger, Who is Also a Family Member, Make a Claim Against my Auto Policy if They are Injured
- What Should I Do When My Insurance Agent Tells Me Not to File on my Insurance When I Know I Have Pain
- Under What Circumstances Can I Be Held Liable for an Injury that Happened to a Visitor at My Home
- The Tyler, Texas Law Firm Roberts & Roberts. Is This a Family Business?
- My Neighbor’s Dog Bit Me, and I Had to Seek Medical Treatment. Is My Neighbor Responsible for my Medical Treatment
- If I Hire a Worker to do Repairs on my Home and He is Injured, Will My Home Owner’s Policy Cover Him
- Can I Make a Claim Against My Homeowners Insurance For my Medical Bills if I Fell off the Roof
- Can I Make a Claim Against the School District for my Child’s Injuries and Medical Bills
- Can My Neighbor be Held Responsible if Their Dog Made me Crash my Bicycle and I was injured as a Result
- I was shopping and slipped and fell. What should I do to protect my rights?
- How do I Find an Unsafe Product Lawyer in Tyler, Texas
- Your Rights if Your New Car Is Wrecked
- I disagree with my insurance company’s interpretation of its policy. Do I have any rights?
- Is it illegal to unknowingly sell a recalled product at a garage sale?
- “What is tail swing in regard to log trucks?”
- Filing an Insurance Claims
- Family Member Rights in an Auto Accident
- Is my employer responsible for providing me with safety equipment for doing my job?
- How quickly should the insurance company pay my claim?
- ¿Necesito Un Abogado?
- Your Rights When Injured by an Uninsured Motorist
- Texas Good Faith Donor Act
- What Should I Do If My Child Is Injured In An Accident?
- What Are My Rights If I’m Injured On The Job?
- How Long Does It Take to Get My Case Resolved?
- Your Right to Recover Your Property Damage Deductible
- Why Are Truck Wrecks Different From Car Wrecks?
- What Does Board Certification Mean?
- What Are Personal Injury Protection Benefits and Do I Need Them?
- Your Right to Compensation for Loss of Use When Your Car is Being Repaired
- How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Attorney?
- Does the Insurance Company Have to Provide a Rental if My Car is Totaled?
- Your Rights In Settling Your Property Damage
- What are my rights as a juror?
- When Should I Hire an Attorney?
- What is Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage and Do I Need It?
- Your Rights In Repairing Your Car
- I was injured as a result of a violent crime. Do I have any rights?
- Do I Need to Hire a Lawyer?
- What if the Other Driver Has No Insurance?
- Your Right to PIP and UM Coverage
- What if the Other Driver Does Not Have Enough Insurance?
- Your Right to Renew Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Now that My Lawsuit Has Been Filed, What Is the Next Step?
- What Is Full Coverage Auto Insurance?
- Your Rights if Your Car Is a Total Loss
- What Is the Difference Between a Claim and a Lawsuit?
- Am I Entitled to Be Compensated for My Lost Wages?
- Your Right to Payment if Your Car is a Total Loss
- Do I Have to Go to Court?
- I Need to See a Doctor. Can the Insurance Company Refuse to Pay?
- What Is a Fair Settlement?
- Should I File Bankruptcy After an Accident?
- Do I Have a Prescription Misfill Case?
- My Ex-spouse Was Killed in an Accident. Can My Children Make a Claim?
- Do I Have Any Rights if I’ve Been Injured by the Government?
- Do I Have to Hire an Attorney in the State My Accident Happened?
- Should I File on My Medical Insurance?
- Can the Insurance Company Delay Paying My Property Damage Claim?
- Are All Insurance Policies the Same?
- What Kind of Doctor Should I See if I’m Injured?
- Is the Person at Fault for My Injury Responsible for Future Medical Problems?