You Only Pay If We Win 800-248-6000

Your Rights if Injured by the Government

I was injured in an accident in which the government was at fault. Do I have any rights?

Yes, but you must act quickly.

Many adults injured in Texas know a lawsuit should be filed within two years of their injury to avoid losing their rights. Fewer people know that if their claim is against the government, they need to notify the government much sooner to avoid losing their rights.

The Texas Tort Claims Act requires that you give Texas governmental bodies written notice of your claim within six months after the accident and it specifies what must be included in that notice. If you are dealing with a city, its charter or ordinances may have shorter and more detailed notice requirements which must be complied with as well.

Free Consultation

You have nothing to lose by letting our attorneys advise you of your options. For a free, immediate attorney review of your case, contact us using the form below or call us at (903) 597-6000.

Contact Us
icon icon icon

From one former client:
"I am so happy to have chosen the best law firm around. The staff is amazing in handling your questions promptly. I hope I don't ever need them again, but if I do, there is no question I will be back. Thank y'all so much for helping me." - Heather N.

WordPress Lightbox Plugin